Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Year 17, Week 11, Day One (week 897)

Year 17, Week 11, Day One (week 897)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-25-17 Saturday
   
    74 degrees early morning 79 afternoon. Threatening clouds to the north very early clearing to light mid level puffs the rest of the day. Nice breeze sometimes gusted enough to move items propped up. This weather report is brought to you by The City Of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism.
   
    We had family coming mid morning, so I had to rush my yard sailing. It helped that there was nothing in the northern part of my loop, which made for a quicker drive. At the first yard sale, I picked up some tools and a wheel borrow for Mom. Mom was really happy when she saw it. She had considered buying one new.
    I picked up a few other items at other yard sales. At one I got an alarm clock. It turned out to have problems. I paid a dollar for it so it was not a big loss. That is a chance you take whenever you buy something at yard sales. Most of the time I do very well.
    At another yard sale, I picked up some STARBUCKS coffee bowls and saucers. “My doctor told me I can only have two cups of coffee a day so I got cups I can now follow his instructions.....
    I also picked up some CDs for recipes. These will work on windows 95,98, 2000, XP. I found they also work on Windows 7. I learned there was a web site and it is still there and you can download the software or search for recipes. This software is sort of like a card file, you can add your recipes or download some once you register it.
    I dropped one of my knife blocks and broke it on a corner that was not repaired. I guess I will have to fix it the right way, and on all corners.
   
    Family came some time after I got home. Mom did most of the cooking, and I fried some bacon and made coffee. I tried something I saw on line, where you start with a cold pan and a little water and let it heat up. The fat renders out and the meat comes out crisp. It worked nicely. To save time, I put some in the toaster oven on cookie sheets the same way and they came out good too. The place smelled great all day...
   
    After lunch, they left, and we napped. I was trying to recover from a rough night.
    For lunch, we got together and all went out for Chinese food. When we got back, they left again and we napped again. Of course, None of my projects got done.
   
    SUNDAY.
    I napped almost as soon as we got together. We then went out for lunch, which eliminated any chance of working on any project. It was at Cracker Barrel so we walked the isles, drooling over the old stuff they have hanging from the ceiling. There was a couple items I am not totally sure what they were. I also left a puddle of drool at the cast iron display. There is nothing there I care to buy, but it is fun to look at them anyway. They have pans with pie shaped sections, pans with round pockets in them, pans with corn shaped impressions in them. (I have one of those somewhere but have no idea where) They have tiny pans for single eggs or melting butter (I already have a set of three).  They also had lawn and garden art, toys, preserves, books records. It was hard to leave to go to eat, and then leave to go home.
   
    I do have some projects to work on and do hope that I will get to them next weekend.
   
    641
   
   
    

 tools, clock and software I picked up at a couple yard sales.
 the STARBUCKS soup mugs and saucers
wheel borrow mom now has




No comments: