Sunday, July 16, 2017

Year 17, Week 23, Day One (week 909)

Year 17, Week 23, Day One (week 909)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
06-17-17 Saturday

It never got out of the 80s, 81 in the morning 89 in the afternoon. Reports said possible showers, but they stayed over the everglades. Before breakfast we had very light puffs, but they burned off by the time we got back home. Southern puffs appeared, which built into a solid covering. There is a big high out in the Atlantic that is piping a weather stream right over us. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism. 

I did my route and found five yard sales. At one, I got some pencil boxes, one with a bunch of plastic rulers. I did not get much else. Mom said I got junk, but I thought I needed them. 

I have needed to have my engine maintained for quite a long time, and an engine light came on mid week. Since the dials were pointing in the right places, I did not worry too much. I just kept my eye on the needles when I was on the road. I also needed to get my tires changed. They were starting to show wear, and one for sure, had a divot on the side and needed to be replaced. 
I ordered four new tires, and they balanced the new tires and  aligned them, and their diagnostics said the sensor of the charcoal canister was blocked. They essentially blew out the fuel lines.
Before this, I had gone to the dealership for service. I decided to go to Tire Kingdom this time. Their waiting room is nowhere near as nice as the dealership, but that did not bother me. I used up the batteries in the tablet. 
I’ve been making covers for handles of pans the past few weeks. These slide on the handle of the pans so you don’t need hot pads. These are made in cotton and I use a “steel” hook, something like 3 mm or 2.5mm for a really tight stitch. I had started a new one Wednesday and I finished that pan handle cover, and made another one before it was time to leave.. These are in bright colors which I like.  I have to weave in the ends, but otherwise they are done.
It took them a long time to get the work done. When the tech came and got me to finish up, the guy said "You are a patient man." 
It does make a big difference that I can be easily preoccupied....

When I got home, I napped.  By the time I got up, it was time to leave.

I found out that next weekend, I am going to a memorial for the guy that used to live next door to Mom.

I will have to see what I do tomorrow.




Year 17, Week 23, Day Two (week 909)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
06-18-17 Sunday

We have two storm blobs out there. One near the Yucatan Peninsula and the other in the Gulf. The gulf one is effecting our weather already and we expect more from it, even though it is not coming anywhere near us. It will head north at minimum. Weather was predicted but it did not arrive until late afternoon. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.

I stopped at two yard sales on the way to Mom’s. One was a sale I visited yesterday. I ended up getting some bath towels, a bunny mold pan, and a ball of yarn. She threw in the yarn and gave me a better price on the towels than what I would have gotten yesterday. She said she will be doing it next month also. 
I visited a second yard sale and, while they had some interesting stuff, they had nothing that must come home with me this time. 

My brother and niece came up right after I arrived at Mom’s. We had lunch together, talked and watched TV.  As they were leaving, Mom mentioned about a BBQ on the fourth.  That is far enough away that I am not giving it any thought. 

Next week we have the Memorial so I don’t expect anything to happen. I really need to do some woodworking!

I will see what happens next weekend.

736


Some pencil boxes, some plastic rulers, a long wooden drill bit with case, a compass and a Sony battery powered TV. they have finally converted all the broadcast stations to HD so no stations can be picked up. He did say he plugged it into his VCR and watched a movie.. 

No comments: